Director Certification is a procedure of obtaining a professional qualification pursuant to the pre-set curriculum program exhibiting a certain level of qualification for the boards' work. Purpose and benefits:
- to raise the profesionalism of Board of Directors;
- to focus on the profesional ethics;
- to encourage board members to train and upgrade their knowledge;
- to enable individuals to position themselves professionally by obtaining qualifications for board of directors;
- to develop a suitable supply of candidates for board postions;
- to improve corporate governance standards.
Two levels of directors certification:
I. “A training certificate” = attendance at the training course Standard skills for supervisory board members
By attending the training course, individuals exhibit their attendance at a training programme for directors. The programme has been acredited by the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology of the Republic of Slovenia.
II. SDA Certificate = knowledge upgrade
With this certificate, an individual exhibits that he or she has obtained suitable knowledge to perform the function of a supervisory board member by accomplishing a test (applied examination). Such an individual undertakes to act ethically and to be a subject of renewal process (continuous education and no breach of code of ethics)
With Directors Certification, SDA pursues the following policy:
Partners and supporters of the SDA Certificate
- it sets the professional standards for passing the exam;
- it monitors the proficiency and quality of programmes, lecturers, committees and certification procedures;
- it issues the Training certificate for supervisory board members and the SDA Certificate, and keeps a public register of the holders of such qualifications;
- it promotes certification and the holders of both professional qualifications.